What is Branding?
Building a new website is a great opportunity for small businesses to start thinking about their brand. Often, a small businesses brand has evolved without any strategy or planning. Maybe you needed business cards stat, so a business card made in an online builder became the backbone of your brand and you feel stuck with it. If your branding is non-existent, doesn’t reflect who you are, or speak to who you want to attract, building a website is a great time to fix it up.
Brand design (also called brand identity or corporate identity) is about drawing out the personality of your business. A consistent, cohesive brand looks professional, builds trust and makes your ideal client know you are the right fit for them. Your brand makes you stand out, so let’s make sure you are standing out for the right reasons!
So, what brand elements do I need to consider for my website?
Colours, fonts, logo….. yes, we need all of this. But there are some questions you need to ask yourself first.
Questions to ask when trying to identify your brand:
- Who is your ideal client?
- What is going to attract this client?
- What are your businesses values and aspirations?
- How do you want my brand to feel?
- What is your marketing strategy – where will your brand be displayed
Now what? Graphic Designer?
Eeeek – those are big questions. Now, let’s think about how your choice of colours, fonts and logo will help convey the answers to those questions. If this all seems too much, you may opt to see a graphic designer at this point, who can create a brand pack for you. I have several I have worked with in the past I can recommend!
A brand pack will include:
- Logo designs – a logo for your website and print material, and also something for your socials
- Colour palatte – You will get a colour palatte that targets all the feels and emotions you want from your brand.
- Fonts – Two or three brand fonts, and when to use each one.
- Graphic elements – for that little bit extra to help you brands personality shine through you may get some graphics to help add texture and fun to your designs.
Want to give it a go yourself? I can help!
Graphic design not in your budget? Then hit up pintrest, look at other brands you like and together we can sort out a theme for your website. And what about what you don’t like. Identify why and let’s talk about that too. At the end of the web design process, I will let you know what fonts and colours I have used throughout your site so that you can consistently use them for all of your marketing materials.
Need help getting started?
Let’s chat! I can help you with your brand, or put you in touch with a graphic designer if you want someone to take care of the lot!
Website Package $750
Wordpress website (up to 4 pages)
One year SiteGround website hosting
One year domain name registration